Delivery | Postage | Receipt of Order
How much is UK Delivery?
Delivery within the UK is FREE on all orders £10 or more -- we think that's a pretty good offer as offers go! What's more (wait for it....) we sometimes offer FREE NEXT DAY delivery too! (Can you tell we're excited about all of this free delivery??!!) Follow us on Twitter @TheJournalShop if you want to stay in touch and be the first to know about our great offers and promotions.
"But I'm not in the UK..." No worries, we have something for you lovely people too.
FREE delivery on all orders over £75 - how does that sound?
As much as we would love to be able to offer all of our wonderful customers free delivery all over the world, this is sadly impossible with all of the postage fees we have to pay our couriers. So we've tried to offer you the next best thing: spend £75 or more and pay no postage at checkout. We hope to make this a permanent offer in our store so please be sure to take advantage of the FREE postage!
If my order doesn't qualify for free delivery, how much will shipping cost?
There are no set shipping costs - it all depends on what you order and the type of service you choose. But we understand that sometimes you just need a rough idea of what it's going to cost you before you splash the cash, so here's an easy way to find out:
1. Add the desired items to your basket.
2. Click 'view cart'.
3. Choose your country and enter your postcode and the state (if applicable) to which you wish your parcel to be delivered.
4. Finally, click 'get estimate'. You do not have to enter any further address or payment details to find out the cost of shipping.
And remember, from time to time we offer FREE worldwide shipping promotions with no minimum order total. Obviously this is pretty awesome, so follow us on Twitter @TheJournalShop if you want to stay in the know!
I've paid for my order - when will my goodies arrive?
We know how exciting this is! You pay for your lovely bits of stationery and you proceed to sit by the window every morning, jumping at the very sight of the postman! smiling eagerly (or maniacally?), just willing him / her to walk up to your door and deliver your order already!
Okay, so maybe not *that* excited (I know we all have lives and jobs and the washing up to do...) but we understand that you want your order quite quickly. Well, this does depend on the type of postage service you have selected at the checkout and how quickly your postman / courier gets your order to you.
Below we've listed our delivery options and some useful information:
If purchased before 12:00pm GMT Mon - Fri order is dispatched on the same day. Guaranteed to arrive the following working day by 1:00pm GMT. Requires a signature upon receipt so please ensure that someone is available to sign for the parcel. Your parcel will be delayed if no one is available to sign for it. This service is a little more pricey than all of our other options, but is great for that last minute gift you know you should've bought months ago!
Please note: Saturday is not a working day for the purpose of Special Delivery. In some cases, we are able to offer a Saturday Delivery option for an extra fee; if this is required, please contact us to enquire.
FIRST CLASS (RECORDED)
Choose this option if you're not in a rush to receive your goods and you don't want to pay for Special Delivery, but at the same time, you'd like to guarantee your order arriving fairly soon (because let's face it, you can't wait to tear open the parcel and have at all the delicious bits of stationery you've bought!). Royal Mail stipulates that we allow 3-5 working days for first class parcels to arrive - in our experience however, the majority of our customers report first class orders arriving the following day after dispatch (which is pretty great!).
Requires a signature upon receipt so please ensure that someone is available to sign for the parcel. Your parcel will be delayed if no one is available to sign for it.
This is our default postage option for all UK customers. It's FREE on all orders over £10 (yipeee!) but it's not the fastest (boooo!). Yes, as annoying as this is there is a very good reason why: in order for us to continue to provide this delivery service to our UK customers, we use the most cost effective method to deliver your order. Super Saver is usually sent using second class. Your parcel can take up to 7 days to arrive; it may arrive sooner than this but we cannot guarantee that it definitely will.
This service is not tracked and will not require a signature, unless you receive a tracking ID in your dispatch email.
Our standard rate Airmail option is available to all of our international customers. We've tried to keep the cost as low as possible (we know international shipping charges can be really expensive!) and we've done this by absorbing as much of the shipping fees as we possibly can - this way, we can pass the savings onto you in the form of reasonable shipping rates. We hope you'll agree that our international shipping fees are not ridiculously inflated.
International orders are usually sent tracked and your tracking number will be included in your dispatch confirmation email. Some orders will require a signature, so please ensure that someone is available to sign for the parcel during the week.
As an approximate timescale, Royal Mail aims to deliver international parcels in the following timescales:
2 working days after posting to Western Europe
4 working days after posting to Eastern Europe and postal subsidiaries (Islands and Principalities)
6 working days after posting to the Rest of the World
It's useful to bear in mind that Royal Mail isn't a courier service and so the above delivery timescales are not guaranteed. If your order is not received within those timescales, as per Royal Mail's guidelines you must allow 20 (approx. 3 weeks) working days for items to arrive at European destinations and 25 (approx. 4 weeks) working days for the rest of the world. If your order fails to arrive, then please do contact us.
If I'm not home to sign for my order, what should I do?
The postie will leave a calling card. It's usually called a 'While You Were Out' card in the UK and an 'Attempted Delivery' card in Europe and the rest of the world. This bit of card will give you two options: 1) Arrange for a re-delivery at a time that is convenient for you (you can do this for free over the phone or online) and 2) Collect the parcel from you local post office or your local depot.
Faulty goods, changing your mind or a wrong order
I've changed my mind and I'd like to return my order. Can I do this?
In one short word, yes. We're happy to accept returns and we're not mean about it (we promise!).
We do have some basic guidelines that must be observed in order to keep the process simple and hassle free for all of our customers. These guidelines are boring are necessary to ensure that we can process your return in lightning speed (well, not that fast but you get the general idea). If your return complies with our policy, we can process it without a glitch and without having to bother you. Remember, the quicker we can locate your return, the sooner you can receive your money back or get on with enjoying your new goodies!
1. You have 14 days within which to cancel your order; 14 days begins on the day after you receive your goods. Please notify us via email or telephone before sending us your return - If we are not notified we will not know to expect your order. When you return an item, please include the order number to which it relates, your details and whether you want a refund or an exchange; without these details we are unable to take the action you require.
2. Any product must be returned within 14 days from the date of receipt (starting on the day after you receive your order) and it must be in unused condition with all of its original packaging. This includes any stickers, instructional diagrams/leaflets, accessories etc.
3. Please package the item securely and don't forget to include your details, or your invoice, inside the parcel and the reason for return.
4. Please obtain proof of postage (this cannot include a post office receipt unless said receipt contains a tracking number). The item is your responsibility until it reaches us so for your own protection we recommend that you send the parcel using a traceable delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods. We cannot refund or exchange any returned items lost or damaged in the post. It's advisable to keep proof of postage so that you can make a claim in the event of loss or damage.
Okay, what happens next?
We'll check the products that we receive back and provided the item is not damaged, we'll process your return within 7 working days (not including weekends or bank holidays) of receiving the order back or within 30 days at the very latest.
The Journal Shop can only refund postage costs if we have sent you the wrong item or if the item is faulty. Otherwise all refunds will be processed minus the cost of any postage paid when the order was first purchased and any postage cost incurred when returning the item back to us.
Can I have an exchange instead of a refund?
We ask that if you'd like to exchange an item, to return the item you no longer want first. Once we have refunded the initial order, you can purchase the item of your choice.
My order is faulty and / or damaged; what can I do?
We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you and we are happy to work with you to resolve the matter as swiftly as possible. We've listed some steps below that'll assist us in getting fresh new goodies back out to you, very quickly:
1. Please email us as soon as you open the parcel and realise the damage that has occurred or the fault that has transpired
2. Please quote your order number and the nature of the damage / fault.
3. We will expedite a replacement to you along with a pre-paid envelope for the return of the damaged goods.
I've received the wrong item; what shall I do?
Oops! We're very sorry about the mistake and we'd like to rectify this error for you. Please read on:
1. Please email us as soon as you open the parcel and realise you've received the wrong item
2. Please quote your order number and what it is that you've received
3. If you'd like one, we are happy to send you a pre-paid envelope for the return of the incorrect product (products must be received back within 14 days from the day on which you received the item)
4. We will expedite the correct item to you once we receive the incorrect order back
5. NOTE: Please do not open the item if you are able to identify that it has been sent in error, without needing to break the seal/tear the packaging. A repacking fee will be charged where an item is unecessarily opened. If it is necessary to open the product to establish that it is in fact what you did (or did not!) order then please disregard #5.
Important notice: Our Returns Policy forms part of, and must be read in conjunction with, our T&Cs of sale. We reserve the right to change this Returns Policy at any time.